What is a House?
Houses are invite-driven spaces that let you curate a close-knit group of friends, community members, or fans, where members can pop in, host conversations, post chats, and get together regularly. They’re places where you can share travel tips, learn a new language, or obsess over the latest episode of The White Lotus.
Conversations are central to every interaction in a House. So pop in to start a spur-of-the-moment debate about whether the 👍 is passive-aggressive, or schedule a weekly meetup for you and your friends to talk about the latest sneaker drops. And if some people miss the weekly room, no problem! They can keep in touch through text chat.
You can find Houses in a few different ways! Your friends may invite you to a House they think you might be interested in. You can discover new Houses your friends join from your Explore page - tap the spyglass at the bottom of your screen, and you'll see what's going on in your friend group! You can also search for houses of interest from the Explore page!
Join a House
Houses are either open to everyone or invite-only communities. To join an invite-only House, you’ll either need to be invited by the founder or another member of the House, or you can join the waitlist for a House you are interested in joining.
Once you join a House, it’ll show up on your profile, and you’ll be listed as a member. Your member profile will show who added you and your member number!
Pro tip: Enable notifications so you don’t miss when you get accepted into the House!
Can I leave the waitlist for a House?
Yes, you can leave the waitlist for a House. Anywhere you see “On Waitlist” or “On the List!“, tap it to open a menu that gives you the option to “Leave the waitlist.”
Please note that the message "please wait a bit longer to join the waitlist again" means that you must wait 24 hours to join it again.
Leaving a House
If you’re not the creator, you can leave any House anytime. House members won’t be notified that you’ve left.
Note: If you leave a House, you can rejoin it by finding it in the House Founder’s profile or in Edge Stories on the Explore page.
To leave a House:
1. From inside the House you want to leave, tap the three dots on the top right-hand corner to access the House settings
2. From the House Settings, tap “Leave the House”
Rejoining a House You’ve Left
If you leave a House, you can rejoin it by finding it in the House Founder’s profile or in Edge Stories on the Explore page.
To rejoin a House:
1. Search for the House by navigating to the House Founder’s profile OR finding the House in Edge Stories on the Explore page
2. From the House, tap “Rejoin House"
Creating your own Houses
If you're feeling acclimated to Clubhouse and ready to start building your own community, why not try making a House?
To create a House:
1. Navigate to your profile
2. Tap all houses
3. From the Houses tab, tap the (+ new house) option
3. Choose a name for your House (be as cheeky as you want, we won’t tell 👀)
4. Confirm by tapping “Create my House.”
5. Don’t forget to invite your friends and set up a weekly room to get everyone together to hang out - what’s a House with no one to enjoy it with? 🏠