In order to sign up or log in to Clubhouse, you’ll need to verify your phone number. This helps us ensure that everyone on the app is a real person, and keeps our community safe!
How does Clubhouse use my Phone Number?
Clubhouse uses your phone number for safety and security purposes. Your phone number can also be used to sync your contacts, allowing you to find your friends - this is an optional feature.
Verifying your Account
For information about verifying your email address, check out this article.
You’ll need to verify your account when you sign up or log in by receiving a special, one-time code on your phone.
To Sign up/Login and Verify Your Number:
1. Tap Sign Up or Login
2. Enter your Phone Number
3. Wait for the text to be sent to your phone - this may take some time depending on your connectivity.
4. Enter the one-time code that was sent to your phone
5. Continue and log in
Issues Receiving Verification Code
Note: We cannot force or manually send you a code. If you're using VPN, a VOIP, or non-mobile phone number, or if you have a poor/unstable connection, you will have a very hard time receiving a code.
1. Incorrect or Invalid Phone Number: “Your phone number is incorrect. Please try again.”
Problem: The phone number does not have the correct number of digits for the country code.
Resolution: Check that you entered the phone number correctly. VOIP, and Landline phone numbers are not supported.
2. Rate Limit/Recently Used: “Our systems have detected high usage of this feature from your account. Please try again later.”
Problem: You've tried to request a code too many times in a short period.
Resolution: Wait 20 minutes and try again. The issue will repeat if you continue to request too many times in a short period.
3. Token Validation: “Login Did Not Pass Token Validation.”
Problem: Your device is unsupported or is running an unsupported operating system.
Resolution: We don't support Huawei devices, and if you're running a non-native operating system on your device, you won't be able to use the app.