What are Private Profiles?
A Private Profile allows you to limit interactions with other users who you haven't added as a friend.
A Private Profile curates your feed to display Chats created by your friends, and Live Rooms created in the Houses you’re a member of. Any chats you create will only be visible to your friends, and only you can invite people to speak in your chats.
In your profile, your friends list, and your Houses will only be visible to your friends.
What about my interactions in others' Chats?
- If you respond to someone else's chat, the users who can see and respond to it will depend on the privacy settings of the chat set by the creator.
- If you create a chat in a House, other House members will be able to see and respond to it.
- Only users you've added as a friend, who have also added you back, can send you VMs.
How do I add a friend with a Private Profile?
When you add friends who have private profiles, they’ll receive a friend request. Once they accept, you’ll be connected so you can see their activity.
How do I turn on Private Profile?
You can turn on the Private Profile feature from the settings menu.
To make your profile private:
1. Tap your profile picture at the top right corner of the app.
2. Tap the settings button.
3. Tap Your name/username.
4. Scroll down to the Private Profile section and toggle it on.
5. Tap Confirm and your profile is now protected!
Can I make my profile public later?
Yes, you have the option to toggle off the Private Profile option at any time from the settings menu.