We hope to better equip moderators with strategies and tools to handle complex situations that may arise and are actively working on this. Here are some things that have worked so far:
- Acknowledge to the room when a tough situation arises.
- Politely remind the speakers of the desired etiquette.
- Help speakers find common ground.
- Remove non-cooperative or disruptive participants when needed.
- Ask another speaker or friend for help managing the room. Backchannel is helpful for this.
- Choose to close the room.
- Report disruptive users by tapping the three dots on the top right of their profile.