Looking for instructions on how to report a user for a violation on their profile (such as their profile photo, bio, or another part of their profile)? Learn more here.
If you’re interacting in a conversation (whether it’s a live Room, a Chat, or a VM), if you observe a violation of our guidelines:
- While you’re listening to the audio comment where the incident happened, double tap on the user’s avatar
- If possible, be sure to report while the part of the conversation where the incident happened is playing! This helps our team to confirm the incident details.
- You should see a pop-up screen appear in the lower half of your screen, showing a preview of the user’s profile.
- Press the “3-dot” menu in the top right corner of the profile preview screen to pull up several options at the bottom of the screen.
- These options should include the option “Report an Incident” showing in red text. (You can also “Block” or “Remove as friend” here, too!)
- Select “Report an Incident”
- On the next screen, “Report an Issue,” select, “They said something wrong”
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to answer, “What did [Name] do wrong?” Select the category of the violation that best fits what happened (such as “Harassment” or “Hate Speech”)
- For some violation categories, you may be asked to also pick a more specific subcategory within that violation category, on the next screen (for example - “Abusive Language” within the “Harassment” category)
- On the remaining “Report an Issue” screen, fill out the text box to tell our team more details about what happened. The more detail, the better!
- Once you’ve submitted your report successfully, you should see a confirmation screen that says “The incident has been reported.”