What are Chats & VMs?
Chats are open conversations you have with friends and friends-of-friends in your Hallway – VMs are direct, private conversations you can have with one friend or a group!
Finding Chats & VMs
When you add friends, you’ll see their Chats on your Hallway. If you receive VMs from your friends, you’ll see those in your messages by tapping the chat bubble at the bottom left of your app navigation!
You can join Chat conversations by tapping in from your hallway! You can tell who can listen and reply to your Chat by what’s listed at the top of the Chat. If you see names, then it’s just your buds, if it’s from a House, you’ll see a House name, and folks from that House can participate in the conversation.
Creating Your Own Chats & VMs
You can create your own Chat from the Hallway. You can add links to your recording, or delete it if you want to record something different or just changed your mind.
To create a Chat:
1. Hold down the big blue microphone button and start speaking.
2. Release when you’re done recording
To create a VM:
1. Tap the speech bubble at the bottom left of app navigation.
2. Tap the big + new VM button to choose which person or people you’d like to chat with.
3. Tap done at the top right.
4. Hold down the big blue microphone button and start speaking.
5. Release when you’re done recording.
Find more details about updating your recordings here!